Saturday, April 18, 2009

Om's love for Raya

When Raya was 5 months she insisted on sitting on my lap when I was operating the laptop. As usul she could not control his hands and made the laptop shout down within minutes. I was into an important job and so got irritated and raised my voice on Raya. Om came running from another room and said 'Bokcho??? Ami kole ni!! (Are you scolding her?? I will take her)' and embraced her with his little soft hands in a gesture to take her in his lap. I was moved with such affection.





Sometimes when feeding Om becomes a tidious job we apply blackmailing him by saying that Raya will be scolded if you dont have. It works wonders. Om does anything for his 'baby'. He even fights with Rik to have the first rights on Raya.




After coming back to our sweet home Raya is generally laid in her crib but Om asks for her when he is put to sleep at night.


Today we three were alone and I needed to go to the loo. Raya was locked in the high chair and I told Om 'Will you be gooddu? I need to go to the washroom.' When I was returning I heard Raya is starting his wails and Om was crossing the room towards her saying 'OM ache to!! (Om is here!!)'.





Today during the lunch : Raya was sleeping. Om, husband and I was having lunch together. Om did a naughty deed for which he was penalised. I can tolerate naughty but getting dirty and that also with his own water bottle, even after repeated warnings was too much for me. So Om was crying his hearts out. Raya got up and started crying too. Amongst his misery Om told me to go and fetch Raya. I told him to finish his lunch first as he was on the finishing line. Om insisted while continuing his crying. Husband got Raya from her crib and brought her to the dining table. Om still told me 'Mamma, Raya ke naoooo (Mamma, take Raya)' as he knew Raya wanted to be comforted by me after getting up from her slumber. A boy of only 2 yrs of age forgets his own sorrow to provide solace to his sis. Will Raya reciprocate this same love? I hope Om will be able to inbibe the same love to his beloved Sia.

1 comment:

sheehan said...

na mamma raya doesnt show the same affection to as i dd to her


om, your loving son

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker