Thursday, June 12, 2008

Baby was born

.... No not the second one... I was talking of Om.

I have read in many of the blogs the details of the birth. So I thought since my second delivery is on its way I should jot down the first experience.


I had experienced both pains i.e., labor pain as well as after C-section pain.

On 23rd March, 2007, Friday I had an appointment with my doc who advised me to have Castor oil the following day. But I skipped as I had to visit the parlor before I am ready for the D'Day. So on Sunday 25th March I had Castor oil in the morning. The day went along normally. In the afternoon we made a plan to go to Nandan to watch "Namesake". Before going I had a hunch that it may be risky since I was already on Castor oil. But I discarded the thought as I was already on leave for one week and was up for entertainment.


One hour through the film I realized something gushing out. I ignored. After a few minutes it happened again. I became alert and consulted my husband. I went to the loo to check it out and got scared when I found out that I was leaking. Consulted the doc who advised to get admitted immediately.

All of the family got excited.. abandoned the movie then and there and whisked me away to the Woodlands Nursing Home where I was registered. Then started the wait. They examined me and told that I was 3 mm dilated. Far to go. The baby was monitored every 15 min. But other than periodic contractions nothing happened. My family left for the night. I could hardly get some sleep the whole night. Early in the morning I was put on the drip. Labor pain started and became severe by the minute. Along with that my back pain(which is of several years) got aggravated. The attendant I was provided was very inefficient. She just kept on saying "It happens" without extending any help... not even a few soothing words. My family reached the nursing home early.

The day drifted along . I continued to suffer the pain all day. By 5-00 it was unbearable. The doc checked and told that the baby's head was not engaged properly yet and until that nothing can be done for normal delivery. At 6-00 looking at my condition asked my family whether they want to go for the C-section. They had mercy on me and we all decide to go for it as I hardly could keep myself together by then.

So I was prepared for the operation and was wheeled towards the theater. I was stalled on the passage for about fifteen minutes. I could not figure out why it was taking up so much time since it was already decided. Then I was informed that the anaesthesiologist was caught in a traffic jam and was yet to arrive. I was furious as I could not keep myself on the narrow stretcher in that condition. A nurse came up beside me lest I should fall off.

At last the anaesthesiologist made his grand entry and I was relieved from the pain by the local anesthesia... Nothing mattered then. I had the bliss. After a few minutes at 6-45 p.m. Om was born. They put down the screen in front of me when his head was emerging out. Oh! what a feeling. The anaesthesiologist informed me that its "putra santan" (a boy) and was healthy.

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker