Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Perfect timing

I have always been proud of my apt time management. Om must have inherited that property from me. He is way away from getting to know to read the clock but something in him triggers off the actions at the right timing.

In his regular routine somehow around 4.00 - 5.00 a.m. he wriggles in his sleep which means that he wants his bottle of milk then. Though milk is his favourite he cannot digest lactose. So he has to be given "Zerolac" which is a substitute for lactose. In his half sleep he comes to me and embraces me from behind when I proceed to make his drink. He drinks down the milk in his sleep and gets up at about 5.00 - 6.00 a.m. in the morning. Good that he is an early riser. I hope this continues when his school begins.

I spend with him upto 6-30 a.m. after which I proceed to prepare his meals, boil his water, sterilize his bottles, etc. Obviously, he does not leave me alone for that. If no one is there to keep him away he assists me in the kitchen... takes down all the utensils... empties out all the potatoes, onions, garlic, ginger from their respective baskets and spread them out on the floor... Why?
b'cas he doesnot want me to have the trouble to get it from the basket. If his father is available he plays with him or rides his tricycle whimpering at the sight of me.

7.30-8.00 a.m.: he has his breakfast.. rice with butter and egg. sometimes cheese, bread with us on weekends. I would have liked him to have proper breakfast like bread butter, banana, milk, etc. But after his continuous stomach upset his doc prescribed him rice for all his meals. So here is Om having rice for his three meals like his Mom.

8.00-8.30 a.m.: I play with him and makes his juice. He sometimes goes out with his father or Tappu for car parking out of the garage.

8.30 a.m. I take my bath while his father keeps him busy.

After finishing my bath I prepare the tub for Om's bath with water. As Om sees me he comes running to help in putting out my washed clothes to dry. As I get his towel he gets out his tooth brush from the drawer by himself and starts brushing(not always in the right way though). I take off his clothes, get his fresh clothes on the bed, take his soap and bathing toys and head towards the powder room with Om following me. He finishes his bath by fifteen minutes. I take him to the bedroom for drying and get him on to his clothes. He knows its time for his juice which he loves like anything. He drinks his juice and dozes off to sleep after his thunderous morning session. By 9.00-10.00 a.m. his morning ritual ends. I finish off the rest of my jobs, have my breakfast and move on for my job.

He generally gets up around 12.00 p.m. and has his lunch. Then he starts his afternoon session... busy with his games and toys ... he has got lots of work on his hands each day... its pretty difficult to make him take his afternoon nap.

From 4.00-5.00 p.m. Om has his evening food.. that is banana, biscuits, puffed rice, etc.

He spends his time playing upto 6.00p.m. Then he realizes that it is almost time for his mom to arrive. He waits for me cooing "Mama" frequently from then till I arrive. As I get back he embraces me with a good hug as if he got all he wanted. I spend with him playing till 7.30-7.45 p.m. after which I start preparing for his dinner. He has dinner by 8.00 p.m. and mostly gets sleepy after the days ordeal.

Om freshens up and get ready for bed. But he does not succumbs to sleep immediately if not dead tired. Instead he wriggles from one side of the bed to the other over the pillows trying to take all the comfort of playing around with them. I continue to sing but dont force him to lie still. I give him his own space and time to finally doze off.


No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker