Friday, May 30, 2008

Horrible sleeping habits

From the 5th day when I was entrusted with my baby.. got a discharge from the nursing home.. I have been an witness to a horrible sleeping habit.

Succumbed to sleep at a certain position at a certain place... but God knows where he will land up and how when he gets up. He turns and turns... this way and that way... over the pillow... over us. He is all over the bed making us squeeze to the edges.

Wont sleep the whole night in his crib as he bangs to the side bars whenever he moves which interrupts his sleep. We cant put away our blankets even in this heat as they serve as barricades on our bed when he sleeps. He had fallen out of bed four times .. twice at our residence and twice at his nanny's house.

Never slept through the night.. when breastfed he used get up at every two hours as day time. While feeding he would doze off but kept me awake for an hour or so each feeding. At about 3.00-4.00a.m he would insist to stay awake so that he could torture me further. After a lot of coaxing he would doze off after one hour... but only after ruining all my sleep.

Now when he is weaned, he still gets up at least once to have his only drink of the day.

He is an early riser. Never gave me the chance to enjoy the sweet morning sleep which I so savored.

So still lying at his mercy.

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker